OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Perform administrative tasks including:
- Assist Executive Director with coordinating of and reporting at Board of Directors meetings, including preparation of Director packets and other mailings.
- Assist ED with preparing and tracking budgets for operating and restricted funding.
- Distribute informational and fundraising mailings and acknowledgements as directed by ED.
- Assist with new employee orientations, federal and state paperwork, and other payroll/orientation forms.
- Manage deposits and bills.
- Update and maintain office equipment and supplies as needed.
Perform membership coordination and outreach tasks including:
- Maintain/develop membership database and help supervise volunteer and member activities.
- Produce meeting notes and action rosters for meetings where necessary.
Manage organizational communications, assisted by all staff, including:
- Provide information for quarterly newsletter and e-newsletters.
- Field calls from coalfield residents to provide information and resources as needed.
- Assist with design and update of organizational brochures and publications.
Provide Administrative, Board and Director support, including:
- Implementation of strategic plan.
- General board development and support.
- Assist organization with special fundraising events.
- Assist ED with grant reporting as necessary.
- Track in-kind, volunteer and Board activities/hours for grant reports.
Working for Justice for Coalfield Citizens
Our approach for working with area residents values their knowledge about the land, waterways, and communities. We provide community members with detailed information about proposed projects and potential impacts so they can make informed decisions on individual or collective actions. Our recognition of local expertise is grounded in the belief that people who live with the daily impacts of fossil fuel extraction should be treated with the utmost respect. Our work is informed and directed by how local people think these industries should be held accountable for impacts. By blending organizing and legal work, we seek to create an expanded set of options for achieving justice than might be produced by following solely a legal or organizing approach.
CCJ is an equal opportunity employer. Competitive pay and benefits packages are offered.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com, with Office Administrator Job in the subject line. Applicant should be proficient in QuickBooks and have good writing skills. Call or email with any other questions.
To improve policy and regulations for the oversight of fossil fuel extraction and use; to educate, empower and organize coalfield citizens; and to protect public and environmental health.